List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: Stateful != M , Stateless != O
From:       JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?=
Date:       2004-08-26 7:40:56

>> I completely agree with Ralph.
>>
>> > Why is that any host needs to get two addresses?
>> > Is there any scenario where this is useful?
>>
>> I don't think this is the right question.  The question should be,
>> IMO, "why should we prohibit the simultaneous use of stateful and
>> stateless?"

> My question is, why should we allow simultaneous use of Stateful
> and Statless methods independently to get the address?

I know your question, and I don't think that's the right question as I
said in the previous message.

Perhaps we just have different views on which we can simply not
agree.  Unless we are going to modify the specification based on this
discussion, it's probably better to stop the discussion here.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp