List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: Last Issue for Base API
From:       JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?=
Date:       2002-01-28 17:28:19

>  In your previous mail you wrote:
>    This is the last issue for the base api ....

> => so This shan't be considered as unfair to ask that the base API
> document is published "not after" the advanced API document?
> (there is a current WG last call on the advanced API, basic API
> seems to be ready for an IETF last call)

Please explain, what is your intention of this comment?

1. mapped addresses for IPv4 multicast should be described in the
   basic API.
2. mapped addresses for IPv4 multicast should be described in the
   advanced API.
3. others.

In any case, I don't think (at this moment) this is an objection to
the last call for the advanced API...in fact, I don't want to make the
advanced API spec a kitchen sink.  Though people always try to
introduce a new stuff that they think useful to an API spec, we should
fix the spec somehow at some point.  I'm willing to fix the advanced
API spec if it has a bug, but (as I said in SLC) I won't introduce a
new stuff to the API.

(However, I don't argue that we should deal with this issue in the
basic API spec.  The basic API spec should also be in the freeze
stage.  I don't even not sure if we really need this new stuff, but if
we do this, we should make a separate document IMHO.)

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp