List:       ipfire-development
Subject:    linux-firmware and CPU microcodes
From:       Peter_Müller <peter.mueller () ipfire ! org>
Date:       2022-04-30 8:41:24

Hello development folks,

while working on the linux-firmware update for Core Update 168 yesterday, I realised it
comes with CPU microcodes for Intel and AMD as well (which kind of makes sense for a bundled
conglomerate of firmware, I guess).

This means that either the CPU microcodes in linux-firmware or the dedicated LFS files
for Intel and AMD microcode is redundant. Can we just drop the latter? Or did I overlook
something?

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller