List:       ipfire-development
Subject:    Re: Extremely poor OpenVPN performance, help wanted
From:       peter.mueller () ipfire ! org
Date:       2019-10-29 17:41:00

Hello *,

just to ensure everybody is informed: This seems to be a FreeBSD
related problem, as a Debian machine using the same OpenVPN roadwarrior
configuration against the same IPFire instance did not suffer packet
loss.

Unfortunately, IPsec on FreeBSD using Strongswan does not work very
well either, as I could not figure out how to set the routes needed
(the actual IPsec tunnel is successfully established, but no traffic
will be routed through it). This leaves me with an operating system
whose VPN capabilities are not working or poorly documented... :-/

Anyway, IPFire does not do anything wrong here. Just thougt you might
want to know. :-)

Thanks, and best regards,
Peter Müller