List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: pppoe on solaris8 x86, was Re: Question on ruleset
From:       Jim Sandoz <sandoz () lucent ! com>
Date:       2001-07-27 16:09:52

phil,

as per your info, it seems that the sun companion CD gcc and
the gcc from sunfreeware.com give somewhat differing results.

nevertheless, someone on the rp-pppoe mail list helped me out
so i could get it through with sunfreeware's gcc.  i developed a
"patch" to work around the problem, but i'm too embarrassed
to post it here :*)  (it modifies the *output* of the configure script,
not the source itself, egad).  the rp-pppoe code and makefile of
course have a linux tilt, and instead of wading through it i just
band-aided a solution.  i get no points for this, in fact a deduction
instead, thus bringing my guru rating down to -34,567.

the ugly details are at
http://www.voy.com/41165/
specifically at
http://www.voy.com/41165/12.html

um, i haven't actually *tested* the resultant binaries yet, since it's
my friend's box and i'm setting up his dsl gateway this weekend.
so tread carefully.

jim