List:       ipfilter
Subject:    RE: Building ipfilter on Solaris 7
From:       "Kieran Barry" <kbarry () snaz ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 18:31:00

> From: owner-ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au
> [mailto:owner-ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au]On Behalf Of Mario Henley
> Becerril Geldis
>
>   mmmm..you have install forte c..????
>
>   compiler for 64 bits....!!!!!!

No. I'm downloading as I write. Should it be ~450Mb?

>   or configure yuor kernel for 32 bits from OK promtp...

I'm running in 64 bit, and would prefer to remain that way.

>   To change modes, enter the following at the "ok>" prompt:
>
>         To set up booting 32-bit mode:
>                 setenv boot-file /platform/<platform>/kernel/unix
>
>         To set up booting 64-bit mode:
>                 setenv boot-file
> /platform/<platform>/kernel/sparcv9/unix

Thanks for this. I'll file it for later.

> To find out what platform your on
>
>         uname -m
>

>     and try reinstall......!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on sun4u. Reinstalling isn't going to fly. I'd prefer to use gcc
than download such a huge thing. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Regards

Kieran Barry