List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: really bizarre behavior (somewhat long)
From:       "Devon Bleak" <devon () admin2 ! gisnetworks ! com>
Date:       2001-04-29 19:03:01

the system has 256MBs RAM...  the trick just seems to be getting it all used...  i think i saw a #define on the max number of state table entries a while back (or a variable that directly translated to it)...  i'll have to experiment with it...  we get a _lot_ of incoming connections though (20M+ most days), so i'd like to refrain from keeping state on all of them if i can (in case of a huge increase in traffic one day, i don't want the firewall running out of state entries and choking the traffic).

i'll try putting in the 'pass out all' rule and see if that helps any...

devon