List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Newbie - probs with ipnat and tun0
From:       Peter Sandilands <psandila () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-04-27 4:52:09

I am building a dial-up gateway using FreeBSD 5.0-20000506-CURRENT and the
ipfilter code that came with it v3.3.0

following the how-to I have a simple rule that trys to map all of the
internal behind tun0

map tun0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 20000:30000
map tun0 192.168.1.0/24 -> 0/32

when run and I do ipnat -l  i get the mapped address as 0.0.0.0/32

if I try this on a similar box using rl0 as the external (but getting an
address thru DHCP)  the above rule appears to work and the external address
gets replaced with the DHCP supplied address

Any hints or tricks?
Any better docs on installs for those of us struggling?

Yes I have tried to update to ipfilter v3.4.17 but I got errors during the
make (and that's another set of Qs :-)

thanks for any pointers

Pete