List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: Automic notification of isp after scan
From:       "Nicholas D. Buraglio-List account" <list () securitydrop ! com>
Date:       2001-03-28 14:35:02

You should check out http://project.honeynet.org/
Lance Spitzner has somewhat specialized in HoneyPot studies.  I recommend
reading all his papers, although some are probably a bit too simple for
those already experienced, others are well thought out and written.
Personally I've been studying Honeypots for about a year, using Slackware,
Redhat, and Solaris, and NT comparing all my results with an OpenBSD
2.7 "Honeypot" (minus the NT) and my quickest root came in ~2 days (on a
Redhat 6.2 machine sitting on a cable modem).  Interestingly, my 3 fastest
roots have come from that cable modem link.

Nicholas D. Buraglio
Services Powered by......

http://www.securitydrop.com