List:       ipfilter
Subject:    RE: getting ipfilter and squid to work together
From:       Pierre Girard <pierreg () crt ! umontreal ! ca>
Date:       2001-02-27 17:36:45

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Josh Hoblitt wrote:
> Is w.x.y.a/32 the ipnat machine itself or a machine behind the firewall?  Is
> Hme0 the inside or outside interface?

w.x.y.a/32 is the machine behind firewall, let's call it «client» w.x.y.b
would be the «firewall».  On both machines there is only one
interface and it is hme0.  So with this configuration, the «firewall» is
not a router.

Here's another detail that might be relevant to the situation.  The
machines are connected in a switch, the same one in this case but
eventually the machine will be moved and it will be another different
switches.  That switch eventually gets connected to a router that blocks
traffic for the entire domain except for the «firewall».  Since on my
traffic to go through it with NAT because i expect the hardware router to
block the packets.