List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: simple, yet secure?
From:       "Ralph M. Churchill" <churchillrm () home ! com>
Date:       2001-01-28 14:24:30

I have anti-spoofing and anti-"evil"-packets rules in my firewall. I
simply left them out for brevity. I'm glad I have them too... one of my
windows machines was actually trying to send packets to an unroutable
IP... still haven't figured that one out yet. Even more importantly, it
makes a great diagnostic tool when you accidently plug the wrong cable
into the wrong NIC ;)

RMC