List:       ipfilter
Subject:    RE: NAT/rdr problems
From:       "Chris Tilbury" <Chris.Tilbury () warwick ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-09-27 8:48:17

Thanks to everyone who replied. Seem to have got this sussed now. Sticking
with 3.3.18 and adopting Laurences point to use the address of the interface
rather than the 127.0.0.1 address in the RHS of the ipnat rule seems to have
done the trick.

Given the rush/panic here this week, I am entirely prepared to believe that
I in fact have two copies of squid compiled against 3.3.x rather than one
against that release and the other against 3.4.x as I thought!

Anyway, it's now all functioning wonderfully, term hasn't yet started
properly and when it does we won't be inundated with the usual stream of
reports of "the web isn't working, why can't I connect to anywhere". Time
for a small sigh of relief before the next panic :-)

Thanks for your patience. I think I'll put off upgrading to 3.4.10 to a less
stressful time of year!

Chris

--
Chris Tilbury, UNIX Systems Administrator
IT Services, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK