List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: ipfstat
From:       Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert () uumail ! gov ! bc ! ca>
Date:       2000-05-28 20:06:53

In message <006101bfc8de$2bae4780$e1208cd4@galaxy>, "Chris Hearn"
writes:
> Hi
>
> I am running IPFilter 3.4.4 on a FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE box (cvsup`ed on 26th
> May 2000).
>
> When i attemp to run ipfstat it produces the following error:
>
> ioctl(SIOCGETFS): Invalid argument
>
> However ipf is loading the rule file fine (i loaded and tested denying all
> ICMP) so I`m
> unsure as to what is wrong with ipfstat, hope someone can help.

You're running the ipfstat that comes with FreeBSD (IPF 3.3.8) which is
located in /sbin.  Run find /usr/sbin /sbin /usr/local/bin -name
ipfstat to find the ipfstat that was installed from IPF 3.4.4 and use
it instead.

Team Leader, Sun/DEC Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC