List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: DNS proxy with ipfilter
From:       Rude Yak <rudeyak () yahoo ! com>
Date:       1999-11-30 13:18:16

  You can probably do it with ipnat and rdr rules, but if you're going to be
proxying, it is typically advisable to use an application-level proxy that
understands the underlying protocol and can make per-transaction decisions
(such as the FTP proxy in IP Filter that knows when to open high ports and
minimizes exposure).  You might want to consider BIND 8.x and its "forwarders"
feature.