List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: Solaris 8
From:       Scott Boone <boone () rushe ! aero ! org>
Date:       1999-11-28 20:26:21

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Joep wrote:

> > Has anyone got ipfilter running on Solaris 8 ?
>
> Yes.
>
> You can ftp the compiled package (sparc), the patched source
> and the patches (several from the list) from
> adsl-145-99-134-199.snelnet.nl, in /pub/solaris8.
>
> There's no IPv6 support (yet?), and I've had some trouble
> with ip-tunnels, but the basic IP firewalling stuff works like
> a charm.

I also have it running on Solaris 8, I patched it by hand based on a post
Darren put on this list a couple weeks ago.

I think you need use the Solaris 8 beta refresh, not just the beta.  There
were all kinds of weird bugs in the IP code in the original beta.

I have both ipnat and ipf working with the changes.

Scott

 | Scott Boone                   /  Blazing chaos is the light that |
 | Member of the Technical Staff \  guides the sage. Rather than    |
 | Information Technology Dept   /  merely using things, the sage   |
 | The Aerospace Corporation     \  dwells in the ordinary.  This   |
 | email: boone@aero.org         /  may be called illumination.     |
 | tel:   (310) 336-1654         \                 -- Chuang Tzu    |