List:       ipfilter
Subject:    ipfilter programming
From:       Alexander Haiut <alx () cs ! bgu ! ac ! il>
Date:       1999-11-28 19:45:39

 Hi gurus,

 these days I'm playing with programming interface to ''ipfilter'',
 and I thought maybe some of you already have answers to some of
 my questions. Did anybody (besides Darren) tried to write a program
 to control ipfilter using ipf(4) and ipnat(4) interfaces. I wonder
 whether you have any comments or advises to share? ;-)

 Are there any estimations about how long does it take to reload
 ipf/ipnat tables? What happens to the TCP/IP stack during this reload ?

 How painful such an operation could be in the long run -- say,
 any known resource leaks caused by this reload, or long-time
 operation leaks ?!

 Thanks a lot,
		-haiut.

--
 Alexander Haiut				e-mail:	alx@cs.bgu.ac.il
 BGU CS & Math system group		       	mobile:	+972-54-697157