List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: redirection to a port on a different machine
From:       Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ! ottawa ! on ! ca>
Date:       1999-09-30 1:30:09

  BTW: I'm experiencing a problem on NetBSD 1.4's version of IPF (not
certain which one that is, btw, but I'll be upgrading to 1.4.1 ASAP) that may
be related:
  I can telnet to the SMTP port on one virtual IP address of a remote host,
but not to the SMTP port of another virtual IP of the same host. I can do
both from numerous other places. (the remote host is also running IPF, but I
can't see how this matters)
  NAT is involved in this case. I get a TCP RST back. This occurs from both
Linux machines and NetBSD machines behind the firewall/NAT box. I haven't had
a chance to snoop on the external network except from the firewall.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [