List:       ipfilter
Subject:    How to increase nat table size and decrease nat timeout??
From:       Daniel Frazier <dfrazier () op ! net>
Date:       1999-09-27 14:13:49

Hello all,

The previous post regarding IPSTATE_SIZE and IPSTATE_MAX was very
helpful.  Can the same be done with the nat table parameters?  I
remember reading somewhere that the default timeout for nat entries was
fairly high, over 50 hours if I remember correctly, and the nat table
size was somewhere in the neighborhood of 250.  I've gone thru the code,
and while it is fairly well commented, I'm relatively new to this and
can't decipher it clearly enough for me to be confident that I'm not
doing something stupid.  If somebody could let me know how this could be
accomplished and if there are any caveats involved that i need to be
aware of, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you all,

Daniel Frazier