List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: Bumping maximum number of states held
From:       Rude Yak <rudeyak () yahoo ! com>
Date:       1999-09-26 23:23:32

  Jonathon -

  I am using 2707 and 18432 for IPSTATE_SIZE and IPSTATE_MAX without any
issues.  You may want to look through the list archives for a discussion on
appropriate hash table tuning parameters.  Check out the thread at

http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=ipfilter&m=92894348422563&w=2

for some guidelines; in brief, raising IPSTATE_MAX without raising IPSTATE_SIZE
would incur some performance penalties.  IPSTATE_MAX should be prime and
anywhere between 1/10 and 1/4 of IPSTATE_SIZE, depending on who you ask.

  Erick.