List:       ipfilter
Subject:    DNS...
From:       Mason  Begley <mbegley () concentric ! com>
Date:       1999-08-23 18:03:28

I just have a real quick question concerning DNS using ipfilter. We have
ipfilter running on BSDI 4.01 and dns resolving seems to take a while to
resolve. The site has a private dns machine inside and nslookup takes way
too long to resolve anything. Is there a trick to setting up the dns rules
that I haven't seen yet?

We allowed port 53 in on outside interface for both udp and tcp and we are
natting the whole private subnet to the outside interface.

Any ideas would be really nice (to say the least).

Mason Begley
Concentric Network