List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: Transparent Proxy Problem
From:       Nuno Andrade <paralta () ccom ! uminho ! pt>
Date:       1999-06-25 18:32:31

Charles wrote:

> >  +---------+                     +------------+
> > +---Clients
> >  | Solaris |     FastEthernet    | Cisco 7500 |  FastEthernet
> > +---Clients
> >  | IPFilter|---------------------| IOS 11.3
> > |----------------+---Clients
> >  +---------+                     +-----+------+
> > +---Clients
> >                                        | ATM to ISP
> >

> So why not just run Squid at port 80 on the Sun box and not use IPFilter
> at all?   No sense is using software you don't need.

First because it wont work.
Second because I need to have an http server on port 80.
Third because I also want to capture other trafic (i.e. to outside
proxies) into the proxy.

Regarding the problem at hand what I found out is that I'm was getting
early FIN and RST packets before all the data was sent to the browser.
It was a bug on IPF 3.2.9.. I thought I had version 3.2.10 but had that
one instead... :-)
Everything is working ok now.

Thanks to all.

Nuno Andrade
[ Sysadmin @ Centro de Comunicacoes da Universidade do Minho ]
--
  "...we shall wrestle gravity, capture Light, shrink Time, measure
 Space and survive, man within machine within God." - Ray Bradbury