List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Perl script for binding port ranges
From:       Jefferson Ogata <jogata () nodc ! noaa ! gov>
Date:       1999-05-27 18:11:14

I'm donating the attached script to the cause. Since ipfilter is stateful,
there isn't as much call for this as there is with ipfw or ipchains, but
it still might come in handy for certain situations.

This is a perl script that binds one or more ranges of TCP or UDP ports.
You can use it to make static port bindings consistent across all hosts
in your network, so you can simplify your filtering of inbound traffic.
You can also use it to force dynamic RPC servers onto ports of your
choice.

For complete documentation, save the attachment and run perldoc on it.

If anyone has any use for this I'd love to hear about it. Same goes for
suggestions and fixes.

--
Jefferson Ogata <jogata@nodc.noaa.gov> National Oceanographic Data Center
You can't step into the same river twice. -- Herakleitos

#!/usr/bin/perl -wT
#