List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Slow response with two users:  Any suggestions?
From:       Gene Cho <echo () ford ! com>
Date:       1999-03-09 20:18:30

Hi,
I am a relative newbie to  ipfilter.

I have the lastest version of ipfilter running on an IBM PS/2 Model 76
running Solaris X86 2.5.1.  Connected to the IBM is a Power Mac 6100/66.
We are connected to the internet via a modem and an ISP.  Ipfilter seem
to work flawlessly with the exception of one problem.  It seem that if I
run ftp or netscape on the IBM  these process "hog" the modem and the
Mac just sits there and will timeout on it's telnet processes. Or
netscape will wait on the Mac until the IBM gives up the modem.

Is there a way to get better process sharing of the modem?  Just
curious.

Thanks in advance.
Gene Cho