List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: firewall behind ISP router [Solved]
From:       Harald Weis <hawei () free ! fr>
Date:       2010-12-25 21:36:34

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 09:37:17AM +0100, Harald Weis wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 04:58:08PM +0100, Harald Weis wrote:

> I have finally found the reason. The problem was never in my firewall,
> it was in the routing table when I changed from the internal LAN behind
> the server (which has two interfaces) to the ISP router. I did this with
> a script like so:
>
> <extract>
> ifconfig alc0 down
> route flush
> sh /etc/filters/load-ipf.rules-$rules
> dhclient alc0
> </extract>

No, that was not the reason.

The _real_ reason was that the Ethernet adapter of two of my boxes are
apparently simply not supported by the fxp driver. Not completely
anyway, God knows why, perhaps Darren does know:-)

This possibility has never come to my mind because the hardware was
recognized in both boxes by all FreeBSD releases since ages.

My inclusive firewall works fine on rl0, sk0 and msk0.

Harald