List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: pfil locks up X on Solaris 9
From:       Dan D Niles <dan () more ! net>
Date:       2008-12-22 16:51:09

On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 12:12 +1100, Darren Reed wrote:
> Dan D Niles wrote:
> >

> > Darren Reed wrote:
> >>>

> >> Why can't you reboot it?
> >> What happens if you try?
> >
> > It acts like it is going to shutdown, but doesn't.  The display goes
> > white, but no messages ever appear and it never shuts down or reboots.
> > When pfil is not installed, the screen goes white, it says stopping
> > print services, followed by other messages then reboots, as it should.
>
> If you can break to the console and force a crash dump with sync,
> when it is trying to shutdown, that might help me see what's wrong.

I have a crash dump, it is about 60 MiB.  Should I send it to the list,
or somewhere else?

> >> If you can ssh in, can you do "ndd /dev/pfil qif_status"?
> >
> > After I've issued a shutdown command or just any time with pfil loaded?
>
> When you've tried to login with CDE but get frozen and can then
> only ssh in.

# ndd /dev/pfil qif_status
ifname ill q OTHERQ ipmp num sap hl nr nw bad copy copyfail drop notip
nodata notdata
QIF1 0x0 0x300010c5498 0x300010c5588 0x0 1 806 0 319 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
eri0 0x30000060cb0 0x300010c5c48 0x300010c5d38 0x0 0 800 14 118 57 0 0 0
0 0 0 0

Thanks,

Dan