List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: Install on Solaris 10 from latest sources (follow up to Postfix
From:       "Paul B. Henson" <henson () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-01-31 2:02:45

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Darren Reed wrote:

> for Solaris patches is to generate an "escalation".  I don't know how you
> do that from the customer side

Give them lots of money :)? On one of my recent tickets they accidentally
forwarded me an internal communication discussing checking with our account
team to see if we made them enough money to be worth resolving our issues.

I tried to convince them that they should fix it just because it was the
right thing to do ;), but capitalism and all I guess they felt the need for
a cost benefit analysis...

> P2) bug (ie your system crashes), the chances of your fix getting into a
> Solaris10 patch/update kind of depends on the whims of people if there
> are no escalations for the bug.

Are you still involved in ipfilter development inside of Sun, or did they
bring it all in house after you did the initial work?

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson@csupomona.edu