List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: Out of Office AutoReply: ipf rules preventing smtp traffic with ATT mailservers
From:       Casper.Dik () Sun ! COM
Date:       2007-05-30 14:31:22

>I'm testing the rule I created today. Essentially, it says, "have server reply using 'On vacation'
 except if from 'IP Filter Mailing List' or except if it is an Out of Office message." If anyone po
sts here today and receives an "On vacation" message from me, please let me know.

It's still not good enough, IMHO; the old default Unix vacation was
pretty straighforward: reply only if directory *to* or *cc* me; not
in any other cases.  And then you could define all your email aliases
you expected to reply to.

It's the only sensible default.  You should not be able to change it.

Casper