List:       ipfilter
Subject:    RE: A question about frpr_routing6 function in IPF4.1.22
From:       <Speedo.Chen () zyxel ! com ! tw>
Date:       2007-05-24 8:23:39

Thank you, Darren.

But I am still feeling puzzled here.

IPF in FreeBSD 6.0 (RELENG_6_0)	http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source//contrib/ipfilter/netinet/fil.c?v=RELENG60
 Line 557-Lin604, IPF does "Nasty extension header length" check for [ routing \
extension header ]. But IPF4.1.22 (line 620) does the same check for [ the extension \
header ] right after routing extension header.  I have no idea why do so since the \
packet may even has no other extension header after routing extension header

Furthermore, if IPF wants to do "Nasty extension header length" check for [ routing \
extension header ].  In RFC2460 page 12, It is ok if there is only one address in \
router extension header,  which means that it is ok if min length of routing \
                extension header (8+16=24)   shorter than 40 bytes(ip6_hdr)
Ex: Take a look of the Figure 2-6 in IPv6 Essentials, Second Edition [O'Reilly]. The \
routing header length has only 24 bytes in trace file

Could someone tell me why needs to check (shift < sizeof(struct ip6_hdr))?
Or where the related definition of RFC is? Thx a lot.

Thanks again for the quick response to my initial message.

-Y.T.