List:       ipfilter
Subject:    RE: which port is used when one sets DISPLAY=clienthost:0 ?
From:       "French, David" <David_French () intuit ! com>
Date:       2007-05-15 17:34:21

This is the wrong venue for this but you can do one of 2 things:

- If you want to use user1's dot files as user2 you can set HOME=~user1.  X programs \
will look for authentication info in $HOME/.Xauthority or whatever file is defined in \
with the XAUTHORITY environment variable.  user2 will need to have read access to the \
file whether setting HOME or XAUTHORITY.

- You can export the key and import it for the other user.
  As user1 before su:  xauth list $DISPLAY
  As user2 after su:   xauth add __cut_paste_of_last_command__
                       set DISPLAY to proper value for ssh tunnel,
                       such as setenv DISPLAY localhost:10

I would recommend going to www.openssh.com.  Under resources on the main page you can \
sign up for the OpenSSH mail lists, or search the mail list archives.

    --Dave