List:       ipfilter
Subject:    ip filter packet flow question
From:       Nikolaus Filus <nfilus () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-03-06 17:29:33

Hi,

I'm reading about the ipf structure and found some issues not well documented,
which I hop can be explained here on the list.

1. I found differences between Solaris IP Filter and OpenSource IP Filter, as in
the first one, there is "Packet state check" and "State table check". What is
the difference between them and is this really a difference between both
systems? [1][2]

2. At what point are the auth and pre-auth rules processed? They are noted in
the texts, but not on the pictures. Is this processed for the very first packet?