List:       ipfilter
Subject:    [Fwd: Re: ipfilter and Jumpstart]
From:       Phil Dibowitz <phil () ipom ! com>
Date:       2006-11-29 22:52:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

WHoops - forgot to CC the list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: ipfilter and Jumpstart
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:51:18 -0800
From: Phil Dibowitz <phil@ipom.com>
To: Jeff A. Earickson <jaearick@colby.edu>
<456DEE52.9000200@ipom.com> <Pine.GSO.4.64.0611291540261.9704@feldspar>

Jeff A. Earickson wrote:

> Without ipfilter underfoot, snoop shows me:
>
> OLD-BROADCAST -> (broadcast)  RARP C Who is 0:3:ba:a7:d1:eb ?
>        flint -> chert        RARP R 0:3:ba:a7:d1:eb is 137.146.28.126,
> chert
>        chert -> BROADCAST    TFTP Read "89921C7E" (octet)
>        flint -> chert        TFTP Data block 1 (512 bytes)

I presume you mean WITH ipfilter?

So the RARP is working - it gets it's IP address. Wow, I've not seen RARP
work in quite a while. I've used DHCP and bootp.

Anyway, it looks like bootparams isn't working - it doesn't know where to
TFTP from, it's trying to tftp from broadcast. I'd start there.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             phil@ipom.com
Freeware and Technical Pages              Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
   - Dr. Seuss