List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Tag option for a rule
From:       "Beers, James W." <beersj () moravian ! edu>
Date:       2006-09-27 0:12:14

I need a little help with using the tag option for a rule.  It's my
understanding that the tag option makes for better parsing of the log
with a reporting script.

I'm currently using ipfilter 4.1.13.

I've tried my best to read through 'man 5 ipf' and think the syntax for
a rule using the tag option should be something like:
	pass in log tag 1 quick on fxp0 proto tcp from any to
host_ip_addr port = 22 flags keep state

That doesn't work for me.

I searched through the list for tag option and found one entry that
suggested the following format using tag:
	pass in log quick on fxp0 proto tcp from any to host_ip_addr
port = 22 flags keep state set-tag (tag=1)

That doesn't work for me either.

These rules are just examples.  I'm most interested in placement of the
tag option and the syntax of the option.

TIA.

-jwb