List:       ipfilter
Subject:    ipsend query
From:       Uma K <umak () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2006-09-13 22:30:41

--=_alternative 007BAA8B862571E8_=

I noticed that information about IPFilter support on AIX has been added to
the IP Filter webpage. Thanks a lot Darren !
But there seems to be an issue with the way it is displayed. AIX is shown
along with solaris, in the same line and the link takes you to SUN
webpage. Can this be fixed ? Really appreciate it.

Also, we are trying to use the ipsend utility on AIX. Can I get any
documentation on how to use this tool ? By any chance, can this be used to
test the ipfilters product or is it just another feature of ipfilters (to
generate arbitary IP packets) ? Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Uma K
AIX TCP/IP Support
Onsite: IBM Austin, USA
kuma00@austin.ibm.com
umak@us.ibm.com
(512)838-2377
T/L 678-2377
----- Forwarded by Uma K/Austin/Contr/IBM on 09/13/2006 05:21 PM -----

Uma K/Austin/Contr/IBM
09/05/2006 12:05 PM

ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au
cc

Subject
Fw: IP Filter - Works on AIX 5.3 ML05

Hi,

I sent the below mail to Darren, but did not receive any response. Does
anyone know how I can get this information, (that AIX 5.3 ML05 supports IP
Filter product), added to IP Filter website ? Really appreciate help on
this.

Thanks,
Uma K
AIX TCP/IP Support
Onsite: IBM Austin, USA
kuma00@austin.ibm.com
umak@us.ibm.com
(512)838-2377
T/L 678-2377
----- Forwarded by Uma K/Austin/Contr/IBM on 09/05/2006 12:02 PM -----

Uma K/Austin/Contr/IBM
08/10/2006 03:54 PM

darrenr@pobox.com
cc

Subject
IP Filter - Works on AIX 5.3 ML05

Darren,

I'm Uma from IBM. Recently I worked on porting IP Filter product to AIX
operating system. Beginning AIX 5.3 ML05 level, we are shipping IP Filter
install package as part of our expansion pack. We have mainly verified the
NAT functionality of IP Filter and it works on AIX. We would like to know
if this information can be published on the IP Filter website,
http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/

Can you please let me know what information you would need from my side to
publish this information ? Do I need to complete any other formality to
get this done ? Thanks a lot in advance !!

Thanks,
Uma K
AIX TCP/IP Support
Onsite: IBM Austin, USA
kuma00@austin.ibm.com
umak@us.ibm.com
(512)838-2377
T/L 678-2377
--=_alternative 007BAA8B862571E8_=

support on AIX has been added to the IP Filter webpage. Thanks a lot Darren
!</font>
the way it is displayed. AIX is shown along with solaris, in the same line
and the link takes you to SUN webpage. Can this be fixed ? Really appreciate
it.</font>
utility on AIX. Can I get any documentation on how to use this tool ? By
any chance, can this be used to test the ipfilters product or is it just
another feature of ipfilters (to generate arbitary IP packets) ? Any help
on this is much appreciated. </font>
Thanks,<br>
Uma K<br>
AIX TCP/IP Support<br>
Onsite: IBM Austin, USA<br>
kuma00@austin.ibm.com<br>
umak@us.ibm.com<br>
(512)838-2377<br>
T/L 678-2377</font>
K/Austin/Contr/IBM on 09/13/2006 05:21 PM -----</font>
did not receive any response. Does anyone know how I can get this information,
(that AIX 5.3 ML05 supports IP Filter product), added to IP Filter website
? Really appreciate help on this.</font>
Thanks,<br>
Uma K<br>
AIX TCP/IP Support<br>
Onsite: IBM Austin, USA<br>
kuma00@austin.ibm.com<br>
umak@us.ibm.com<br>
(512)838-2377<br>
T/L 678-2377</font>
K/Austin/Contr/IBM on 09/05/2006 12:02 PM -----</font>
on the IP Filter website, http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/</font>
you would need from my side to publish this information ? Do I need to
complete any other formality to get this done ? Thanks a lot in advance
!!</font>
Thanks,<br>
Uma K<br>
AIX TCP/IP Support<br>