List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: Can ipfilter work as a reflector?
From:       Tom Ploegmakers <tom.ploegmakers () asml ! com>
Date:       2006-09-04 6:59:52

Quoting hao zh (woftu@yahoo.com.cn):
> From the HOWTO for IP Filter Based Firewalls, we know that we cannot
> easily use this feature as a "reflector".
> E.g:
> rdr tun0 20.20.20.5/32 port 80 -> 20.20.20.6 port 80 tcp
>
> but now we need my server to be a reflector. How could we do this?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Ipfilter alone can't do it, but adding nc/netcat works.
I found release 1.10 dated 960320 on the internet. Don't know where, but easily
found. Funny, some software that doesn't need changing in 10 years......

Succes,  tom.

--
The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential \
and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any \