List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: pfil-2.1.11, Solaris 7, pkgadd, postinstall script, devfsadm:
From:       Rolf Sponsel <Rolf.Sponsel () kstr ! lth ! se>
Date:       2006-07-17 18:08:07

On 2006-07-17 17:46 CET,
Rolf Sponsel wrote:

> executing:
>
> # strconf < /dev/le
> le
>
> shows 'le' *only*, not 'pfil \n le' which I am expecting; according to:
>
> "(assuming there is a hme network interface configured).  This should
> produce two lines of output, one with 'pfil' (1st) and one with 'hme'
> (2nd)."

Hm, interesting?! This is the output from the install of pfil:

# pkgadd -d pfil.pkg

The following packages are available:
   1  pfil     Packet Filtering Interface
               (sparc) 2.1.11,REV=16:40:11 07/17/06

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]:

Processing package instance <pfil> from </tmp/pfil/pfil.pkg>

Packet Filtering Interface
(sparc) 2.1.11,REV=16:40:11 07/17/06
This software is copyright to Darren Reed.
Using </> as the package base directory.
## Processing package information.
## Processing system information.
    12 package pathnames are already properly installed.
## Verifying disk space requirements.
## Checking for conflicts with packages already installed.
## Checking for setuid/setgid programs.

This package contains scripts which will be executed with super-user
permission during the process of installing this package.

Do you want to continue with the installation of <pfil> [y,n,?] y

Installing Packet Filtering Interface as <pfil>

## Executing preinstall script.
## Installing part 1 of 1.
/etc/init.d/pfil
/kernel/drv/pfil
/kernel/drv/pfil.conf
/usr/include/net/pfil.h
/usr/include/net/qif.h
[ verifying class <none> ]
/etc/rc2.d/S10pfil <linked pathname>
/etc/rcS.d/S10pfil <linked pathname>
/kernel/strmod/pfil <linked pathname>
## Executing postinstall script.
No services defined

Installation of <pfil> was successful.
#

*NOTICE* the 'No services defined' message.

Is something going wrong in the postinstall script?