List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: Device Busy, some more...
From:       "Larry Moore" <lmoore () starwon ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-06-30 1:38:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Clark" <clarkp@mtmary.edu>
To: <ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 3:51 AM
Subject: Device Busy, some more...

> Darren had responded letting me know that these particular settings
> required ipfilter to be in a disabled state to change them. Well, the
> ipf -D command will not work with ipf being compiled into the kernel. I
> have tried using:
>
> ipfilter_enable="YES"
> ipfilter_flags="-D -T

fr_tcpclosed=1,fr_tcpclosewait`,fr_tcphalfclosed00,fr_tcpidletimeoutr0
0,fr_tcplastack ,fr_tcptimeout> 120,fr_udptimeout0 -E"

I would suggest you read the man page for ipf to get an understanding of how
to use the -D option as well as -E. You would not want to use it at boot
time in a configuration file unless you want disable ipf in the kernel.

Larry.