List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: Sun's support of IPF
From:       Damon Register <damon.register () comcast ! net>
Date:       2006-05-27 13:26:04

Darren Reed wrote:
> Lots of us are waiting for June's release of Solaris with ZFS :)
A coworker wanted it badly enough that he installed Solaris
Express to get the preview

> It will become my home fileserver and lots of others I know are
> already playing with doing the same, at work and home.
Do you think it might be worth the effort to upgrade my home
Ultra20 from 10 to 11?  I got that at home to be an educational
tool and fileserver.

> On the IPFilter front, keep an eye on my blog at Sun as I'm less
> inclined to post about that work here because it seems somewhat
> lame thing to do.
I have just found and bookmarked your blog.  Why would it be lame
to post to this list?   I monitor this list more often and would
like to see important Solaris/ipfilter things here.

Ipfilter is the main reason I asked above about upgrading my
Ultra20.  I am trying to make a NAT router to replace what I
was doing with a PC running SuSE Linux 9.0 and SuSEfirewall2.
I am struggling with getting ipfilter to work and to make a
NAT router.  I got as far as a basic setup with pass all for
the in and out.  I got simple NAT but never got beyond that.
I have been following this list for some time and have seen
all the discussion about Solaris vs latest.  I have wondered
if my troubles were from bugs or lack of understanding.

Does the next Solaris have a more recent ipfilter?

Damon Register