List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: IPv6 Filtering
From:       pradeep reddy <reddy_pradeep () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-02-09 9:43:47

Hello

              Yeah sorry, I agree with that .

  Yes I edited ipf6.conf with simple rule "log in all" and reloaded ipf  with option \
-6 . I tried to watch the IPv6 packets with ipmon ,but no  output…
  Is there any specific synatx or procedure to be followed for IPv6?

  Best Regards

  Pradeep Reddy

Phil Dibowitz <phil@ipom.com> wrote:  pradeep reddy wrote:
> Hello
>
> Yeah i agree how to and FAQ is availbale and I appreciate your
> efforts,but it doesn't contain anything about IPv6 and it was last
> updated in yesr 2002.

Hmm. I missed the IPv6 part. And I beg to differ, the FAQ was updated a
few weeks ago (the HowTo hasn't been updated in a while, you're right,
but that's not mine).

I haven't played much with ipv6, but I believe you put your ipv6 rules
into ipf6.conf and ipnat6.conf and reload ip filter...

--
Phil Dibowitz                             phil@ipom.com
Freeware and Technical Pages              Insanity Palace of Metallica

matter and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Suess