List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: Problem running ipmon under FreeBSD/Sparc64
From:       "Flemming Laugaard" <flemming.laugaard () uni-c ! dk>
Date:       2006-01-31 11:36:24

Hi Sebastian

First of all, try to put the log keyword on all your rules. Reload and
start ipmon without any parameters. It will show you all the log entries
on the console. If it doesn't show anything, something is very wrong ;-)
Secondly, why don't you upgrade to FreeBSD 6 ? I'm running an Alpha on
FreeBSD 6 (with patches) with Ipfilter 4.1.8 (default for FreeBSD 6).
There is no need to compile a new kernel for the IPFILTER_LOG entry.

I load ipl.ko in /boot/loader.conf

In /etc/rc.conf I put

ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipmon_enable="YES"
ipmon_flags="-Davs"

This will enable ipfilter (Read and load /etc/ipf.rules) and ipmon on boot.

I've been using this config for years, and have the logs to prove it :-)
I use fwlogwatch and homecooked scripts for log analysis.

Kind regards
 Flemming