List:       ipfilter
Subject:    fr_check
From:       Olivier Nicole <on () cs ! ait ! ac ! th>
Date:       2005-09-15 8:01:54

Hi,

I am trying to understand how ipfilter works (the version bundled with
FreeBSD 4.10)

1) what fr_check is doing?
   - rewrite the packet if there is a redirection that apply
   - return 0 if the packet can pass
   - return something else in other case
   - do not send the packet to the network interface

2) in case of a rule "block out quick on xl0 to xl1"
   - what is the return value of fr_check?
   - from what I can see, the reply would be that the packet is blocked
     but it is sent to the correct intercace (xl1) anyway.

Thanks in advance,

olivier