List:       ipfilter
Subject:    ipf on solaris 2.6
From:       liamr () umich ! edu
Date:       2005-08-24 18:23:18

When I reboot my machine after installing pfil and ipf 4.1.8, I get this:

/etc/rc2.d/S65ipfboot: pgrep: not found
/etc/rc2.d/S65ipfboot: /dev/hme0: cannot open
/etc/rc2.d/S65ipfboot: test: argument expected

pgrep makes sense, cuz solaris 2.6 doesn't have it.  So, I changed the pgrep
line in /etc/init.d/ipfboot to:

    pid=`ps -ef|grep ipmon|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'`

but, I still get the "/dev/hme0: cannot open" and "test: argument expected"
messages.  I've tried the ipfboot script from 4.1.9 as well, and while I didn't
need to make the pgrep change, I get the other errors.

Are there other changes that need to be made?

/etc/opt/pfil/iu.ap contains the following info..

       hme     -1      0       pfil

/etc/opt/ipf/ipf.conf contains..

    pass in quick on hme0 all
    pass out quick on hme0 all
    block in log all
    block out all
    pass in quick proto tcp from any to any port = 22 flags S keep state
    pass in quick proto tcp from any to any port = 80 flags S keep state
    pass in quick proto tcp from any port = 20 to any port 39999 >< 45000 flags
S keep state
    block in quick proto udp from any to any port = 514 keep state
    pass out quick proto icmp from any to any keep state
    pass out quick proto tcp/udp from any to any keep state keep frags

Liam