List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: A really really weird problem...
From:       Jim Sandoz <sandoz () lucent ! com>
Date:       2004-09-10 14:12:50

marco,

could you try a couple of things, so we can get to the bottom of this?

1) post output of
$ netstat -s -P ip
as i would like to see if there are any checksum errs or other maladies.

2) post output of
$ ipnat -slv
as i would like to see if nat translations are even getting done.

3) post output of
$ ipfstat
as i would like to see ipf's packet counters.

4) post putput of
$ netstat -rn
as i would like to see the routing table.

5a) post a snoop clippet showing an outgoing ICMP packet;
      what are the source & destination addresses?
5b) post a snoop clippet showing an outgoing UDP packet;
      what are the source & destination addresses?
5c) post a snoop clippet showing an outgoing TCP packet;
      what are the source & destination addresses?

6) in /etc/opt/ipf/ipnat.conf, change all three lines to reflect
the real external ip, e.g.:
map elxl0 192.168.200.0/24 -> your.ext.ip.here/32 portmap tcp/udp auto

7) in /etc/opt/ipf/ipnat.conf, change the second line to specify
a port range:
map elxl0 192.168.200.0/24 -> your.ext.ip.here/32 portmap tcp/udp
10000:24000

ps: the first four are right out of the FAQ page i sent previously.

jim