List:       ipfilter
Subject:    IPFilter 4.1.2
From:       Darren Reed <darrenr () reed ! wattle ! id ! au>
Date:       2004-05-27 12:00:29

Through some more extensive field testing, a lot of problems (including
regressions from 3.4) have been brought to light in the last couple of
months.  All those that have been reported have been fixed and along
with more extensive internal testing, quality has come a long way for
the better, with some of the new tests going back into 3.4 before 3.4.35.

So far as platform specific things go:
*BSD  - no known & reproducible problems (not yet OBSD3.5)
Tru64 - no known & reproducible problems
Linux - no known & reproducible problems (for RedHat 9.0)
        Looking at Linux releases, at this point in time SUSE
        is the least likely for me to do any work on - I'm not
        into ftp installs nor paying for CD's of free software.
Solaris - no known & reproducible problems (for RedHat 9.0)
HP-UX - I've been unable to get anything meaningful to happen
        with HP-UX 11.00 && 11.11 with current patch sets.
        On the one hand, the nd_load() interface seems to be causing
        unexplained problems, coupled with obtuse DLKM loading errors.
        On top of that, failure modes are different for 32 & 64 bit
        kernels.  I gave up trying to get things working for 4.1.2.
IRIX - same as usual (LKM unload => panic)

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ip_fil4.1.2.tar.gz

Darren

4.1.2 - RELEASED - 27 May 2004

add state top for ipv6

fix numerous parsing regressions

change sample proxies to use SIOCGNATL with the new API

allow macro names to contain underscores (_)

split the parser into a collection of dictionaries so that keywords do
not interfere with resolving hostnames and portnames

fix ipfrule LKM loading on freebsd

support mapping a fixed range of ports to a single port

fix timeout queue use by proxies with private queues

handle space-led ftp server replies properly

fix timeout queue management

fix fastroute, generation of RST & ICMP packets and operation with to/fastroute

resolve further linux compatibility problems

replace the use of COPYIN with BCOPYIN for platforms that provide ioctl
args on the stack

allow flushing of ipv6 rules independant of ipv4 rules

correct internal ipv6 checksum calculations

if a 'keep state' rule fails to create state, block the packet rather
than let it through

correct all checksums in regression tests and correct NAT code to adjust
checksums correctly.

fix ipfs -R/-W

4.1.1 - RELEASED - 24 March 2004