List:       ipfilter
Subject:    FTP server behind IPFilter
From:       Max Clark <maxc-ipfilter () beast ! clarksys ! com>
Date:       2003-11-17 19:07:40

Hi all,

I have a FreeBSD/IPFilter firewall that I am trying to configure an FTP server behind \
on my private network. I have read various +different docs on how to configure this. \
My goal would be to have the Firewall work similarly to the Cisco PIX that it will be \
+replacing. How do I configure the Firewall to allow FTP traffic?

This is the ipf ruleset that I have been working with, what would my ipnat \
configuration be?

ipf.rules:
pass in log quick proto tcp from any to 10.0.0.34/32 port = 20 keep state group 200
pass in log quick proto tcp from any to 10.0.0.34/32 port = 21 keep state group 200
pass in log quick proto tcp from any port = ftp-data to 10.0.0.34/32 port 23100 >< \
23120 keep state group 200

Thanks in advance,
Max

--