List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: FTP problem - port command not translated
From:       Flemming Laugaard <flemming.laugaard () uni-c ! dk>
Date:       2003-08-14 18:53:40

> --On Thursday, August 14, 2003 14:49:07 +0200 Flemming Laugaard
> <flemming.laugaard@uni-c.dk> wrote:
>
> >map ste0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/16 -> yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
> >
> >This is the first line of the ipnat.conf, and it's followed by more
> >ftp proxy rules bimaps and rdr's. Everything works just fine, except FTP.
>
> ipnat is best match, then first match. Your /16 rule is very broad, so
> other rules may take precedence.

Ok, I had the impression that it always takes first match. There wasn't
at the "test" moment more than this rule for the xxx net. The symptoms
were the same whether there is one rule or many.

The FTP port command doesn't get translated. It looks like the proxy
is just ignored. Really annoying.

I had a good look at the firewall today, and noticed that the
/usr/src/contrib/ipfilter
and
/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter/netinet
was out of sync. especially the ip_ftp_pxy.c. The firewall is now building
kernel and world to see if it changes anything.

--
Kind regards
Flemming Laugaard