List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re:
From:       Remco Post <r.post () sara ! nl>
Date:       2003-06-09 6:46:36

On 8 Jun 2003 16:42:27 +0800
"forge" <forge@eyou.com> wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I've tried making my NIC to promiscues mode, but it seemed no any
> effect. Did you mean I should make my NIC mac address to be
> 255.255.255.255.

No, that's not what I meant.

> My actual object is to find the code filtering mac address in ethernet
> layer.

It's not there, It'a all in the hardware. That's why you can't find it.

> I've thought it's easy but I failed.

Which is not surpising.

> Do you know which source file the code is located in?
>
> Regards,
> Forge

What'd I'd suggest if you reaaly want to know more about networking, or
do more with networking is first brush up your knowledge of such matter.
Either TCP/IP Illustrated or Andy Tanenbaum's Computer Networks are good
startingpoints.I mention this because I think you may profit from the
knowledge of the basic networking concepts presented in these books.

--

Remco