List:       ipfilter
Subject:    icmp-types ?
From:       "Alessandro de Manzano" <demanzano () playstos ! com>
Date:       2003-05-21 13:46:05

Hi!

A little question :)

I'ld define exactly which icmp-types my firewall rules allows or
denies, so I tried writing this:

pass out quick proto icmp all icmp-type 0,3,8,11,12

but seems that IPFilter 3.4.29 (on FreeBSD 4.8) does not understand
multiple icmp-types code numbers..

This mean I should write

pass out quick proto icmp all icmp-type 0
pass out quick proto icmp all icmp-type 3
pass out quick proto icmp all icmp-type 8
etc. etc.

instead ?

If so, can I humbly suggest to Mr. Darren Reed to implement multiple
icmp-types support ? ;))

Any hints is welcome :)

Many thanks in advance!

Alessandro de Manzano