List:       ipfilter
Subject:    bridging and freebsd
From:       "Secureplay" <secureplay () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2003-05-18 5:50:55

Can someone tell me what the status of bridging support in ipfilter is, for
FreeBSD?

I set up a test machine, and it _appears_ that it's working. I set it up as
a bridge, set up a few rules, and it looked good. However the FAQ says:

"IPF does not yet support Bridging on FreeBSD, only OpenBSD... however
Darren plans on implementing this soon. "

I'm trying it with FreeBSD 4.8-release.

Am I being misled by my results?

thanks.
-v