List:       ipfilter
Subject:    solaris issues - part 2
From:       Joseph Judge <joej () ultranet ! com>
Date:       1998-01-31 21:12:48

I'm still in the "patch up solaris to perfect" mode ... but, here
is an update on the packet-not-fragmenting business. (see
previous email where I outlined my problems ... I *had* thought
that _my_ machine was sending Df packets then).

With or without ip filtering loaded (but always with ip nat), my
internal 192.168.x.x network passes packets through my
sparc 20 ... is nat'd and goes out fine.  Answering packets
*coming back*, hitting my PPP interface (ipdptp0) are
being answered with ICMP 3/4 --- destination unreachable
(needed to fragment).

So, this is different than I though --- I'm not setting dont frag (DF)
it must be *them*.   Erkk! This is something I can't solve, yeah ????

Any thoughts in this matter ? Can I play with some settings on the
Sun box so it passes the packets without trying to fragment ?

	-- joe