List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: ipfilter European mirror site
From:       mschmidt () fserver ! fh-koblenz ! de (M !  Schmidt)
Date:       1997-10-30 8:14:16

> From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
> Subject: Re: ipfilter European mirror site
>
> In some mail I received from M. Schmidt, sie wrote
> > Hello,
> >
> > just for your record:
> > I have setup a mirror site of ipfilter from coombs.anu.edu.au.
> > You can find it at
> > ftp://ftp.fh-koblenz.de/pub/Mirror/coombs.anu.edu.au/pub/net/ip-filter
> >
> > In case there comes sufficient feedback then this mirror will stay
> > there, on the other hand it may be cancled if there's no need for it.
> > Well I'm hearing :-)
> >
> > At the moment of writing this late European afternoon the mirror's
> > up-to-date status is actually 1:1 of coombs... and it should be updated
> > daily except weekends.
>
> Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

No problems so far.
I think many of us could need days with 30 hours instead of 24 ;-)

> Thanks for taking the initiative and setting this up already.  I'll add
> it to the web page (http://coombs.anu.edu.au/ipfilter).

Thanks for maintaining ipfilter, Darren. Credit to whom it deserves :-)

I like products with an outstanding design/philosophy or excellent
effectiveness, and without doubt ipfilter belongs to these.
As long as resources of our site allow I'll support to provide storage
for mirroring these.

A nice day to all
Michael

--